Empty Water Bottle

A semi-personal account of the life and times of myself. I am not sure even I am ready for my honest opinion. We shall see where these things lead me. What I do when I get there, and how I respond once I write them.

Friday, March 03, 2006

In the Catholic Tradition.

Congratulations. It is Lent. I am morally not allowed to eat meat anymore on Fridays. Which is funny, because I am not a practicing Catholic. The only reason I feel bad anymore is because my mom still thinks I am, and it's not that I am hiding it from her, it's just that I don't care enough about it to let her know.

So, I still hold onto the fake little things like no meat on Fridays, but I don't hold to hard. Today was odd, I went out to eat with 10 family members. All of them Catholics, and only my mother, one aunt, and I ate non-meat. I had fish. It was good, but my reasoning was not that I am a Catholic, but damn it.. I wanted Fish.

I also had a bowl of cereal for lunch. No meat in that.

So, somehow I fell into the trap of being Catholic today.

After we went to dinner, we went and saw a play. This was cool, it was cute. I loved it really. It was all about love, and killing the ones you love.

I thought about Amanda the whole time.

Ha. Honestly though. It was my Grandmother and Grandfather, Three pairs of my aunts and uncles, and my mother and father. I wanted Amanda to be there so bad, she is all I thought about the whole dinner, and the whole show.

I miss that girl so badly. I need her to enter my life. I hope that the moment she reads this, she calls me, and the first words out of her mouth are "I miss you, and I love you." I am pretty much sure that I need her to hold me right now. I am freezing cold, and I don't know if I can go one without someone's body heat keeping me nice and warm.

I have decided what I am getting her for her birthday, but that is a topic for another day.

2 Comments:

  • At 12:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Seeing this post gives me the strangest sensation of deja-vu.

     
  • At 9:04 AM, Blogger Missa said…

    My mother thinks I am a practicing Catholic too. Although I am pretty sure she knows I don't much like Catholicism. And she objects (though not to my face) that Boy is an atheist.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home